Thursday, December 4, 2008

Some people are still clueless

I had a conversation with the receptionist at my dentist's office and she asked if I was working.

I said, "No, not right now. I was in the mortgage business."

She asked if I had quit my job.

I said, "No. I was in the mortgage industry. It is the reason for our failed economy."

She looked at me and said, "What do you mean?"

Now, I was the confused one. I asked her if she had any idea about what had gone on with the economy and the mortgage industry taking a dive.

She said, and I quote, "No, I guess I should start watching the news or something."

My first thought was, "Is this girl an idiot? How can she have no idea? We are teetering on the edge of a depression. A million people are losing their homes and she has NO IDEA!!!!!"

My second thought was, "Wow, lucky her..She is completely unaffected by the economy. The only one!!"

I am still perplexed by how completely ignorant people can be and that it is people like her that will keep our planet on a down-slope. What do I mean? Well, if she is completely blind to the state of our nation, what else is she blind to? Global warming? The atrociously disgusting treatment of the human race in places like Darfur? The horrible effects of human waste on our only planet, our only life source?

I get increasingly worried every time I see a dead bee. Small and scary to some but detrimental to the survival of the human race on planet Earth. My 3 year old son Max points and says, "Look mama, another dead bee." about 10 times a day. This is very scary. I am concerned that we aren't seeing more coverage on TV about this issue. Only once in a while will I see a story about situations surrounding bees. Like the bee keepers that are going out of business and losing their homes because entire bee colonies are dying right under their noses and they don't know why. They called it Colony Collapse Disorder. Bees are abandoning their colonies. Now, I am not sure that this is related to the various dead bees that I see on the sidewalk but this is serious, none the less.

My only hope is that Obama really recognizes the dire situation ahead of us. I know that the environment is deep in his heart but I only hope it is not too late to fix our planet. Because when it is all said and done, those "fiscal republicans" will not have a planet to piss on and nowhere to put their money that won't matter anyway because there won't be anything to buy and no fancy dinners to feast on because there won't be any bees to polinate the produce and crops to feed the cow that will be their steak.

No comments: