Thursday, July 17, 2008

Customer Service...where's the service?

Customer service seems like a dying art. Like Yiddish. No one speaks it anymore accept for the very old. I find myself most often annoyed rather than satisfied. It is either that kid that is too busy chattin' it up with his friend behind the counter with little or no acknowledgement that I have even entered the building or it's that total burnout that acts as though I should be honored that he has even shown up to work.

As for the service companies like satellite television or cable, etc. It always takes five or more phone calls to finally get that one individual that actually cares about your situation and will actually do something about it. That is of course, if you can find a way to be re-routed to America from India where your call was original retreived. On those all too frequent occasions when no one actually cares and I am forced to demand the attention of the supervisor, I realize all too well why no one cares.....because the Supervisor couldn't give a hoot either. And, if I am really lucky, he or she is incredibly rude to boot.

So, these days when I actually receive good service, I am quite taken aback. Surprised that someone out there really cares about me and the job they showed up to perform.

My most irritating experience is the employee that thinks you are a waste of time simply by how you are dressed. These people are the worst. At least the gum chewing teenager behind the counter kickin' it with his buddy is non-discriminating and treats all of his customers that way. But, the guy who assumes that you have no money simply by your appearance is the biggest loser of the bunch. What are the chances that guy is driving home in a Bentley? Or even a mercedes? NOT!!!!!!

Maybe, when I make the time, I will put together a top 10 best and worst list. So, hope that you treat me well. I welcome my reader's comments regarding the top ten best and worst as well. Send me your stories. I might just add them to the list.

......Just a thought

No comments: