Thursday, July 24, 2008

I am so sick of being sick!!!

On July 8th, I was diagnosed with strep throat and given a pretty strong antibiotic. But to my dismay, I am STILL sick and worse for the wear. I have a cough that won't go away and an intermittent sore throat. Now, I am congested as all hell, sneezing a lot and just plain miserable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

An actual scream is too painful, but a virtual scream.....much easier. And, just as effective.

I have always been a big believer in a natural lifestyle. I never get sick. I have to be held down and forced to take a Tylenol if I'm in pain. My husband is a big believer in stocking the medicine cabinet chock full of everything under the sun. He takes it all and he is sick all the time. I think that if he would stop killing off his natural immunities with all that junk, he would actually be healthier. When the rest of my family is ailing, I can usually stave off anything by eating healthy, drinking fluids and taking a few natural supplements. But in the rare event that I do get sick, it's KAPLOWEE!! Down for the count... and this time is way out of control. The antibiotics that I was reluctant to take didn't even kill it. I am not happy about this.

This brings me to another wierd superbacteria. I had recently taken my 2 year old to a mommy and me swimming class at the local community aquatics center. The last day of his 2-week class was on the 3rd of July and on the 4th, he woke up with eyelids that were glued shut. It took me a good 10 - 15 minutes to slowly get his eyes cleaned up with a wet, warm washcloth. He was so patient. His eyes were really bothering him...obviously.

We made an emergency appointment with urgent care. The doctor asked me if he had been in a public pool lately. I gasped and said, "Yes, as a matter of fact, his last class was yesterday." She proceeded to explain a particular bacteria called Cryptosporidium, found in public pools brought in by infected people's stool and cannot be seen by the naked eye. This germ is protected by an outer shell that allows it to survive for long periods of time and makes it resistant to chlorine disinfection found in pools. It causes gastrointestinal, skin, ear, respiratory, eye, neurologic and wound infections. YUMMY!!!!

She said that he was lucky he didn't get the bloody diarrhea.

My thinking is that if we human beings stopped pumping our bodies with needless stuff (exceptions do apply) any time we get a tickle, we might not necessarily be creating these evil superbugs that are mysteriously popping up.

I know it may sound paranoid but we could find ourselves living in vacuumed-hyper chambers due to us killing off our natural abilities to cure ourselves. Could you imagine???? Our freeways loaded with families in bubbles just bouncing around. Although, the visual of an accident would be hilarious. A minor bump could send you bouncing miles off course. A domino effect. Chaos would ensue and no one would get anywhere on time.

.......Just a thought

No comments: