Sunday, July 27, 2008

We may be on our way to a cure...

As I had mentioned, I was sick of being sick. I saw a new doctor on Friday and she was amazing. First, she tells me that my incessant cough is due to my post nasal drip and prescribed me something to make the cough reflex stop. It is miraculous. I haven't coughed since. YEEHAW!!

I mentioned to her that I had stopped the dairy as requested by my other doctor but that it wasn't necessarily helping with my other more embarrassing symptom that I don't believe that I need to mention. I'm sure you can figure it out. Anyway, after some research, it has been suggested that I discontinue all foods that have fructose in them. This is really hard since almost everything has fructose in it, even my favorites like stone fruits, etc.

Not only has that nasty little symptom stopped completely, its actually been 2 days since I've gone. Wow, I cannot believe the difference. I feel a thousand percent better and I have more energy and I'm not so tired. I have suffered for easily 3 years and finally we have figured it out.

I suppose this could mean to never give up hope on whatever ails you because it could be as simple as what you are eating. I think that most of the time it comes down to the chemicals and other crud that is being put into our foods.

I know that it can be very difficult to stop using all of those items but a good head start would be to try to purchase as many organic products as you can. Look at the labels. Read them. Get to know what you are putting in your body. After all, it is your only body. There is no lemon law in effect on the human body.

No trade-ins welcome, just repairs.

No comments: